Download our FREE smartphone app today!
We are really looking forward to welcoming you to Harris Academy Wimbledon.
Miss Pocock is the Assistant Principal with the responsibility for the pastoral care of Years 7 and 8. As Director of Lower School she is used to students joining us and will be able to guide you through the transition with clear support and guidance.
We understand that many of the children will be nervous about making new friends and settling into a new environment and so we have developed a comprehensive programme to support them in finding out about Harris Academy Wimbledon.
Timeline of transition actions
Please find below a timeline for successful transition
- 21st May 2020 - you will receive the Student Information Form to be completed and return by post or email to email@example.com by 5th June 2020
- Complete any additional documents sent by HAWI and return by post or email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5th June 2020
- 8th June 2020- Your son/daughter will receive their first HAWI Student Transition Passport. Please encourage them to engage with the activities and challenges in these weekly passports.
- 15th June 2020 – Your Induction Interview appointment will be sent out to you
- Apply for Free School Meals (this does not carry over from Primary School automatically).
- Order HAWI Uniform. You can find useful information here: https://www.harriswimbledon.org.uk/791/uniform
- Week Commencing 22nd June – Induction Interviews via telephone or video link
- 1st July 2020 – Meet the House Tutor event for students
- 1st July 2020, 6pm - Virtual Induction Evening for Parents followed by a Webinar with your son/daughter’s House Tutor at 7pm
- Sign up to ParentPay
- Keep checking our website and Twitter for any transition updates.