Pupil Premium Information
Our academy is an outstanding place to learn, providing an innovative, inclusive, and happy environment for our young people. As well as promoting high academic achievement across the curriculum and an enriching extra-curricular programme, we support students to make decisions wisely, so they are prepared for adult life. This is especially true for our pupil premium students who are at the heart of our academy’s vision and values and subsequent decision making.
To achieve our vision, we use pupil premium funding to provide structures and opportunities for those students who need additional help to achieve success in line with, or better than, school and national expectations.
Our pupil premium strategy is focused around three areas:
- Ensuring attainment and progress of our disadvantaged students is high by developing outstanding teaching and learning.
- Implementing targeted academic support when need is identified.
- Developing wider strategies such as supporting attendance, behaviour, social and emotional support, accessing cultural and enrichment opportunities.
The implementation of this strategy plan is responsive to common challenges and individual needs and is rooted in internal and external evidence and research.
The approaches we have adopted complement each other to help students excel. To ensure our strategy is effective we will:
- ensure teachers have high academic expectations for our pupil premium students and set challenging work,
- act early to intervene at the point need is identified,
- adopt a whole school approach in which all staff take responsibility for pupil premium student outcomes.
We know that in delivering our pupil premium strategy we will secure outstanding academic, emotional, and social outcomes for our pupil premium students so that they live successful and flourishing lives.