Download our FREE smartphone app today!
The health and wellbeing of students and staff are our most important priority. The student guidelines are summary of the extensive risks assessments that we have in place. Risk assessments are regularly updated in line with new government guidance. If you would like to see the full risk assessment or would like any further information, please do not hesitate to contact the academy via email@example.com
- If students are displaying any symptoms associated with COVID -19, they must not attend the Academy.
- We encourage all students attending to either cycle or walk to the academy. If students are coming by public transport, they must wear face coverings. Students must follow social distancing guidelines when travelling to/from school and when on the school site.
- Students must not congregate outside the school. At the end of the school day, if the bus stops are busy, students will need to walk part of their journey home.
- Students should not enter the building without permission and must stay in their playground zone.
- Students should attend in full school uniform. There are no changing facilities on site so on PE/extracurricular sport days, students should wear their PE Kit with their blazer. Standards will remain high and students should attend in either full school uniform or PE Kit and not mix and match. For Art and Technology, students should bring their own shirt, apron or overall to protect their uniform. These don’t need to be any particular style or colour.
- Students are required to use the hand sanitiser on entry/exit to the academy, entry/exit to classrooms and before and after lunch.
- Students must stay strictly within their year group bubble. There are separate entrances, dining halls, toilets and staircases for each bubble to use.
- Students should wear face masks in the corridors when moving between lessons. Face masks should be removed in lessons using the correct procedure. Face masks should be plain and not have patterns and text. They can be any colour. They should be masks with loops around the ears and not a covering like a scarf.
- Students must sit in their allocated seat and not enter the teacher’s area in the classroom. Teachers will teach from their area and not move around the classroom unless it is for 15 minutes or less.
- Students must follow the expectations in the behaviour policy.
- Students must have their own equipment as resources cannot be shared.
It is crucial that students have their own equipment with them as they will not be able to share with each other. In addition to the normal equipment list below, we need all students to have:
- A small bottle of hand sanitiser.
- A packet of tissues.
- A telescopic umbrella as students will not be allowed inside at break and lunch in light rain.
We also require students to cover their exercise books in clear covers so that they can be wiped down. We have sourced A4 plastic book covers and you can either purchase them from us for £3.00 (10 plastic book covers) or purchase your own. We will add £3.00 to ParentPay so please make the payment by 7th September if you would like us to provide them. The school will cover the cost for Pupil Premium Students.
All students must have a named refillable water bottle for their personal use only as there cannot be any sharing. Please ensure this is full in the morning.
Students must have a pencil case with the following items:
Two blue ballpoint/rollerball pens or a blue ink pen with plenty of spare cartridges.
Two red ballpoint/rollerball pens.
Two HB pencils, an eraser and sharpener.
Students need to have a specific scientific calculator - Casio FX-83GTX. These can be purchased directly from the school.
A reading book of choice must always be with students.
Further Health and Safety Procedures in place to protect students
- Tissues and hand sanitisers are available in every classroom.
- Where possible, all spaces are well ventilated by opening windows.
- Toilets have single use paper towel for drying hands.
- Visitors are restricted and only permitted to attend at their designated time.
- An extra cleaner has been employed so that toilets and high touch areas can be regularly cleaned during the day.
- Extra dining tables have been purchased so students can eat outside.