Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Student Guidelines for attending the academy
The health and wellbeing of students and staff are our most important priority. The student guidelines are summary of the risks assessments that we have in place. Risk assessments are regularly updated in line with new government guidance. A full copy of the risk assessment is available on our website and you will find a link here. If students are displaying any symptoms associated with COVID -19, they must not attend the Academy. Please follow the link to see the symptoms of COVID-19.
- Students and staff will take two lateral flow tests each week.
- We encourage all students attending to either cycle or walk to the academy. If students are coming by public transport, they must wear face coverings.
- Students should not congregate outside the school. At the end of the school day, if the bus stops are busy, students will need to walk part of their journey home.
- Students should attend in full school uniform and use the changing facilities for PE.
- Students are required to use the hand sanitiser on entry/exit to the academy, entry/exit to classrooms and before and after lunch.
- Students can wear face masks inside the academy buildings if they wish to do so.
- Students must have their own equipment and ensure all their exercise books have a plastic cover.
In addition to the normal equipment list below, we need all students to have:
- A small bottle of hand sanitiser.
- A packet of tissues.
- A telescopic umbrella as students will not be allowed inside at break and lunch in light rain.
We require students to cover their exercise books in clear covers so that they can be wiped down. We have sourced A4 plastic book covers and you can either purchase them from us for £3.00 (10 plastic book covers) or purchase your own. The school covers the cost for Pupil Premium Students.
All students must have a named refillable water bottle for their personal use only as there cannot be any sharing. Please ensure this is full in the morning.
Students must have a pencil case with the following items:
Two blue ballpoint/rollerball pens or a blue ink pen with plenty of spare cartridges.
Two red ballpoint/rollerball pens.
Two HB pencils, an eraser and sharpener.
Students need to have a specific scientific calculator - Casio FX-83GTX. These can be purchased directly from the school.
A reading book of choice must always be with students.
Further Health and Safety Procedures in place to protect students
- Tissues and hand sanitisers are available in every classroom.
- Where possible, all spaces are well ventilated by opening windows.
- Visitors are restricted and only permitted to attend at their designated time.
- An extra cleaner has been employed so that toilets and high touch areas can be regularly cleaned during the day.
- Extra dining tables have been purchased so students can eat outside.