The Virtual School
Your child's learning and wellbeing are our highest priorities. We have taken steps to ensure that your child will continue to have the highest possible standard of education.
Following the successful transition from in-academy learning to our ‘virtual school’ (Phase 1), and the development and consolidation of remote learning across all subjects (Phase 2), we will now be moving on to Phase 3 of the Virtual School.
Phase 3 of the virtual school aims to:
- Action staff, parent and teacher feedback from Phase 2
- Plan and deliver high quality remote lessons
- Maintain teacher-student interaction
- Motivate students as they work remotely
- Engage and bring together the whole school community
- Build and support resilience in all students
These aims build upon the strong foundation and hard work displayed throughout phase 1 and 2. Thank you again for the incredible support you are providing your child with as they work from home.
In summary, your child's routine should be:
- To register via the link sent to your school email address by 8.30am
- To login to the Academy online platform (using the Student Virtual School Guide if necessary) ready to start PE (Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri) or Live Tutor Time (Wed) at 9.00am
- Using the new timetable (as seen below) complete work assigned for the day
- To attempt to login to the Teams lesson if the instructions on the virtual school direct your child to do so
- To submit a weekly piece of work to the teacher for marking when instructed to do so
- To complete homework as per the new homework timetable (see below)
- To complete a ‘substantial piece of work’ which will be set in English, Maths, Science, History, Geography, Spanish and Latin in the last week of June
Should your child complete the work set for them before the end of the lesson, subject teachers have created revision guides for the full academic year. These are tasks that will consolidate their learning and help prepare your child for next academic year. These revision guides can be found in the same location as the students' lessons.
Please can we request that only students contact their teachers directly via their Academy email account for any help and support they may need. If parents wish to contact us, please use the firstname.lastname@example.org email address.
Your children have been shown how to log on to the online platform. Should they forget, a handy user guide has been created here: Student-Virtual-School-Guide.pdf.
Thank you for your support and co-operation during this challenging time.
|HAWI Virtual School Student Agreement||17th Apr 2020||Download|
|Parent and Student Microsoft Teams Guide||19th Apr 2020||Download|
|Wellbeing guidance||24th Apr 2020||Download|
|NHS Merton information||06th May 2020||Download|
|NHS Advice for Health and Wellbeing||06th May 2020||Download|
|COVID 19 Autism Resource||06th May 2020||Download|
|HAWI Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy COVID 19 Addendum||11th May 2020||Download|
|Phase 3 HW Timetable||22nd May 2020||Download|
|Phase 3 Timetable||22nd May 2020||Download|
|HAWI Behaviour Policy Addendum COVID 19||09th Jun 2020||Download|