Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Posted on April 24th 2020
I hope you all continue to keep safe and well.
I am consciously aware that working from home, caring for the family and supporting your children with their education is not only a juggling act but a challenge. I would like to reassure you that we are here to help as much as we can and you shouldn’t hesitate to get in touch with us.
If your children develop a good routine, this should help them manage their school work and equally ensure they have some time to relax and get some fresh air. Please ensure your child has a place to work and has written out their new timetable.
We suggest the routine below but understand that if you are sharing devices, you may not be able to stick exactly to this routine.
1. Students are up and dressed by 8.30am and complete virtual registration before 8.45am.
2. From Monday to Thursday, students complete 30 minutes of exercise from 9-9.30am.
3. On a Monday, students watch the assembly before their lessons start at 9am.
4. On a Friday, students watch the live briefing for students at 9am before completing their human and life skills work.
5. For the rest of everyday, students follow the work that is set on the on line platform and click on to the link if it is a live lesson.
6. During the scheduled break and lunch time, students move away from a screen.
7. At the end of the school day, students get some fresh air before they begin their homework.
Please find a link to some tips for managing well-being and building resilience at home which we have published on the Virtual Page of the website: https://0e58658be539ee7325a0-220f04f871df648cf4a4d93a111e3366.ssl.cf3.rackcdn.com/harris_secondary_wimbledon/uploads/document/Wellbeing-guidance.pdf
If you have any questions or feedback on the Virtual School, please don’t hesitate to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org and your email will be directed to the right person.